new

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Things we have learned about Auburn...
1. She loves to have her tummy scratched.
2. Don't mess with her schedule. When we were home all day Saturday, that just flipped her whole world upside down. When I came home late Tuesday, she didn't know when to eat, potty, or play.
3. She gets pissy when her schedule is messed up!
4. She is a scaredy cat but very brave at the same time. She is scared to go in certain parts of the house (the area in front of the TV) but she will jump off the couch and play with dogs twice her size.
5. She loves to sit in Mommy's lap.
6. She loves to give you kisses.
7. She likes to tell you (bark) what she wants rather that show you. She will bark at the door instead of walk to it when she needs to potty. She will bark at you instead of picking up a toy and walk over to you when she wants to play.
8. She loves her Daddy. She goes everywhere he goes and she stands by the door and barks when he goes outside. I wonder if she would do that if I left?
9. However, when it is nap or bed time, she wants her Momma.
10. She drinks more water than her bladder should be able to hold. I try to limit her water in the day when we are not there by pouring a small amount in her bowl. However, she drinks it all at one time. By the time I get home she is thirsting to death and she never stops drinking after that. We have to put her bowl up on the counter to keep her from drinking so much.


We are attempting her first bath this weekend. I have no idea how she is going to take it. I sat her in the sink last night to see if we had enough room in there but she is now scared to death of it. Doug thought it was an appropriate time to turn on the garbage disposal! right after I sat her down. So I guess we will try it in the tub.

This week we are getting ready for the yard sale that we are having on Saturday. We are going in with Doug's parents so hopefully we will have a good turn out. I have to work this weekend so I will leave Doug to handle the sale. And you know my control freak of a self is FREAKING out about it. He has a bad habit of under pricing stuff and then coming down off that price when the customer starts bargaining with him. So tonight and tomorrow night I am pricing everything. Then when he comes down for the customer to feel like they are getting a good deal we won't be out more money that we could have made. I have already warned him to keep a good eye on Auburn or keep her locked in her cage. If someone takes that dog he will be in a whole lotta pain!

So wish us luck in our yard sale. If you are in town, you should stop by. All proceeds are going to "keep us out of jail for not paying our taxes that are due April 15th"! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment