new

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Raw and Embarrassing

Doug and I happen to live very close to a Chili's. We enjoy eating at Chili's so we figured one being right next to our house would be a great thing. Or maybe not...
I can not remember if I have ranted on this Chili's or not so please forgive me if I am being redundant. First, whoever designed this Chili's should be fired. There are 3 tables that will fit a party of more than 4 and the other tables are halved, 4 people and 2 people. I would say there are there are less than 30 tables total in the entire place. It is tiney! And you have VERY little space between each table. Second, the parking lot is tiney. Most of the time we have to park in the grass empty lot next to the restaurant. I once parked in the to-go parking spot because it was raining like crazy and I was not about to tromp through the mud and rain just to eat there because they are morons and did not add enough parking spaces. Third, their customer service sucks. We once had a waiter quit while waiting on our table. It takes forever to get your drink orders sometimes and the food takes even longer. Fourth, most of the time, when you do finally get your food, it is wrong. Either they just flat out bring you the wrong food or it is not cooked the way you requested it (or they way it should be(like over cooked ribs)). And lastly, it has not changed. They have been open for a couple of years now and they still suck. But me and Doug keep going hoping they have finally got their stuff together.
I could go on and on with specific examples but I will skip to our last two experiences.
I will however note the time before these past two visits when we had to request to be moved to a different table. Two VERY large women where in the booth behind us and they scooted our seat so far back I could barely squeeze into the space between the table and back of our chair. Doug did not keep so quite about this "problem". Oops!
Since Chili's is so close, we have been opting to pick up our food and bring it home so we could skip the bad service. So a couple of weeks ago Doug called in our order, went and picked it up, and brought it home. We sat down to eat and I realized there was only one box in the bag. Of course it is my salad. Doug calls up there and they say, "Oh yeah. It's sitting right here." So Doug talks to the manager and they offer to bring it to us. He tells them no and he goes and picks up my fresh salad along with a couple of coupons to use on our next visit for the inconvenience.
Fast forward to last night. I should have known something was going to happen when we ordered the exact same thing. Doug goes and picks it up, from the manager who helped us last time ironically, and double checks everything is correct. He pays using the COUPONS THEY GAVE US FROM THE LAST TIME! He gets home and we dig in. After a few bites of my salad I go to cut into my buffalo chicken strips on top of the salad. Yep, you guessed it. RAW! I dropped my knife and fork and muttered, "Oh no." Doug, surprisingly calm, calls Chili's and asks to speak with the manager. I tell him my salad is cursed. The manager apologizes multiple times and refunds our money for the meal. He even said he was "embarrassed" and that he was going to personally cook my salad for us to make sure it was right. Doug went and got my "properly cooked" salad and I finally ate around 8 pm.
Now you may be asking, "Heather, why do yall keep going there?" I truly do not know. Maybe it is the margaritas. Maybe it is because, once they get it right, the food is actually good. Maybe it is because we keep getting so much of it for free. Whatever the reason, I guess I am a sucker for yummy margaritas!

No comments:

Post a Comment