new

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Oh SH**!

I am blogging this Sunday morning at 8 am. Normally I do not get up before 10 am on a Sunday but when your husband wakes you up saying, "I hate to wake you up but..." you know it's time to get up.
Last week Auburn began running low on her dog food. A couple weeks before that, the vet gave us some fancy dog food for free to try (spend lots of money on in the future if she likes it). So at the beginning of the week we started mixing her old food with her new. She seemed to really like it and gobbled it up every time we fed her.
Last night the sh**ing began. She pooped on one of our throw pillows that was in the floor and she pooped on the carpet a few feet away. They were one after another and it probably weighed more than she did. She did ok for the rest of the night so we didn't think anything of it. When Doug got up to take her out and feed her there was poop all over her, her bed, her cage, her toys, and the carpet around her cage. I really think she played it in all last night. That is when he came in my room and said, "I hate to wake you up, but Auburn's sick." I, channeling my mother instincts, bolted out of bed and formed a plan. Doug had let her walk to the back door to go outside and he did not realize she had it all over her. Doug has to work today so we kicked it into high gear. We took her stuff out of crate, threw away what is not "salvagable", washed EVERYTHING else, scrubbed carpet, mopped where she walked in the kitchen, and scrubbed her in the tub from head to toe.
It's 8 am and I am tired! She seems to be feeling ok. She has been playing all morning and she gobbled up the Milkbones I gave her for breakfast. I am keeping a close eye on her today and heading to the store to buy her a new bed, new food, and new toys. Poor thing lost her two best friends, Bear & Duck. She keeps going back into her crate to get them. Hopefully this afternoon we will have time for a little "Mommy/Daughter" nap! LOVE THOSE! (when she lays down and actually naps!)
Thanks Ashley S for having the Scentsy party! It's really coming in handy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment