new

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The weekend

So my weekend started off with me in a bad mood! I got off early Friday so I could go home, pack the car, and hit the road early. Sometimes I do not know why I even try... When I got home it was MONSOONING outside! I have a carport but when it is raining sideways it does not make much of a difference. I loaded the stuff in the car and was soaked by the time I was done. Auburn has a thing about being wet when she potties so she refused to go. I kept trying to drag her out of the house and even held an umbrella over her but since it was still raining sideways the umbrella did little good. So now I was even more soaked and Auburn was too. Since she did not go potty I did not want to feed her or give her more water that would make her have to go while we were going down the road. I decided to wait until we got to Valley and she would have a late dinner. I was irritated and frustrated and ready to be there so we hit the road without stopping to get me any dinner either. Not only did I hit every red light on the way to the interstate (which it is not a short drive from our house to the interstate) but when I got on the "on ramp" I could see traffic was bumper to bumper. Just my luck! About 4 miles and half an hour later I see that there was a wreck on the OTHER SIDE OF THE INTERSTATE and people on my side were slowing down TO LOOK AT!!!! I seriously contemplated finding the nearest liquor store...
I stopped and let her potty right before we got into Altanta. I did not feed her since I did not bring any food (we were almost out and Doug was bring some to Valley with him). I still was not hungry so we headed to my parents. When Doug got there he told me he did not buy dog food so Auburn had milkbones and rawhides for dinner. Yumm! I had a bowl of cereal.
That night we put Auburn's crate in the kitchen, covered it with a blanket, turned on the radio, and plugged in a night light... all exactly the way it is at home. (Now remember. This is her second time staying at my parents house!) We go to get in bed and she starts barking. So Doug and I moved everything into the laundry room where she stayed last time. The barking continued. I did not want to keep the entire house up all night so I brought her and her crate into the living room, turned the tv on, and sat in the recliner. She would fall asleep, I would get up to go to bed, and she would start barking. We did this until about 2:30 am! I was ready to skin her! She finally let me sneak into the den and I fell asleep on the love seat. I got about 5 hours of sleep. I had my first coke in forever that morning. It was good and did the trick. I did not get tired all day.
We shopped in Auburn for most of the afternoon then we headed home. Some family and friends came over for dinner and then we went to bed. I won a thousand dollars off a bet Doug and I made! When is he ever going to realize I AM right! HA!
Auburn slept just fine Saturday night and we headed home Sunday. She was worn out from playing with my Mom & Dad. She loves their back yard... and the plant water! She slept all day Monday recovering from her excitement filled weekend.
I posted a few pictures on Facebook of me at Auburn and Dad with Auburn.

No comments:

Post a Comment