new

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

When it rains...

... it pours money out of my wallet and into my car.

It all started a few weeks ago when my car started making this funny noise. The only way to describe the noise would be to say I kept thinking it was another car that had seen it's better days. Not quite a junker but not quite a hoopty. It was like a metal on metal scrapping noise and it only did it sporadically. When Doug took it into the Honda maintenance dept. they knew exactly what it was... rear brakes. See, Honda had a lawsuit against them for 08-09 Accords having cheap rear brakes. Mine, like the others, were failing. So we had them replace them with the good kind. It cost us $150 but thanks to the law suit we will be refunded.

Then last week my tire pressure light came on telling me my tire pressure was too low. I took it to Tires Plus and they saw I was low in three tires but the fourth had a nail in it. They were too busy to fit me in that night so I got up early to be there at 7 am to have them fix it before I went to work. I had to get it fixed b/c it was Thursday and Friday I was leaving to go to Valley. There went another $25.

Then today Doug went to take my car in for an oil change. Thanks to the trip to valley it was time for another one. Luckily we had a coupon so we saved $10 and it only cost us $25. However, while changing my oil they noticed my front axle was leaking fluid. Great! So Doug is now at Honda having them look at that. Funny how they did not notice that a couple of weeks ago. Doug asked me if I ever heard a popping noise coming from the car and I told him, "Yep. Everyday when I leave work it makes that sound when I pull out of the parking lot." Oops! I just thought it was a sound my car made b/c it had been doing it for so long. This should be covered under the warranty so hopefully it will cost us nothing to fix.

Poor car. Poor Doug. Poor wallet!

No comments:

Post a Comment