new

Thursday, January 22, 2015

28 week checkup

I had my 28 week check up this week and everything looks good. Besides some swollen body parts (head to toe in my opinion!), a little heartburn, and a very active baby (doctor said at this point what I am feeling ALL DAY LONG is not gas), Mommy is in good health. Been trying to keep my feet up more while I am at work and after I get home. My knees, calves, ankles, feet, and even toes have been doubling in size when I don't. I have not been working out very much so I am going to try to do better with that. The doctor said that should help get the swelling down as well.

We did the infamous 1 hour glucose test and I got my Tdap shot. Lets hope my sugar levels look good. If not, I will have to do the three hour test (drink sugary liquid and have blood drawn once every hour for three hours). I barely survived my blood being drawn once. Don't think three times in three hours would go over well. The lady was really good but it still took her two sticks due to my crappy veins. They hide, wiggle, and don't produce the goods. My arm is still sore from the shot. It's been awhile since I have had one of those. It's going to be hard for me to convince Mason to sit still for a shot. How can I lie to the poor boy and tell him it will not hurt? Mommy can't be near a needle without Daddy there by my side (he is my focal point, distraction, and catcher when I get a little woozy).  I totally understand if he refuses or screams bloody murder.

Mason's heartbeat is still strong and steady. I am hoping we get to do another ultrasound soon. I need to get yall another picture of the little man! Everything is right on track so I have not given them cause to do any more. I guess that is a good thing! Let's hope we keep on this good track and the last trimester is smooth sailing!




No comments:

Post a Comment