new

Monday, January 12, 2015

Third Trimester

Wow! I cannot believe we are two thirds the way through! I know the last three months will fly by just like the first 6 did. Next week I go for the official 28 week check up appointment and the favorite glucose test. Then after that we are going every other week, then every week! I plan on having the doctor help me figure out what tummy rumbles are baby and which are gas. I feel like I am missing out on that part of the pregnancy. Feeling Mason moving around should be something I get to enjoy instead be annoyed about thinking it is gas. Ha!

Here is an updated belly picture. Definitely starting to "pop" out now. I am not too uncomfortable yet. I still sleep well and my pants are still fitting with a button or two undone.


Last week Doug wanted a burger so he went to pick us up dinner at Red Robin. I am still opposed to meat so I got a turkey burger. I am not sure if what I actually got was a turkey or garden burger but it tasted well enough to eat about half of it. After I stuffed my face I started feeling a little queasy. I got up to do dishes and came face to face with Doug's "real" burger. Between the after taste of my "turkey" burger, the smell of Red Robin lingering in the air, and seeing his burger I quickly became green in the face. I ran upstairs to escape the smell. I stayed up there while Doug cleaned up and Febreezed the first floor. I did not get sick but it was a close one. The next night, Doug and his Mom got Chipotle. I had chips and salsa then ate a few bites of his chicken burrito bowl. Since I did not eat much, I had a bowl of Cheerios before bed. As soon as I was done I felt yucky. It was not very long before I lost it. We are talking projectile here! It was crazy! I am not sure if I had a bug or just ate something that did not sit well with me but my body made sure every bit of whatever it was came out. I feel better now but Red Robin and Chipotle will be off the menu for a long time.

Since I was feeling better, I got out of the house Sunday to run some errands. It was finally sunny and above 30 degrees! There is a baby consignment store close to our house so I took some time to stop by there. I rarely go to consignment stores because I hate digging through clothes. I feel my time spent searching versus the money saved is not worth it. But I figured with kids clothes it couldn't be too bad. Well, I am glad I stopped. They were having a clearance event and had almost everything for $1. Look at what all I got for less than $20!


That's 8 onesies, 1 shirt, 4 pants, and a pair of overalls! I can't wait to go back when they have their summer stuff out! I may become addicted!

It must have been my lucky day because I also got a rug for the nursery for a great price!


Now we have to pick out the furniture and get that on its way. We will have a completed nursery in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment