new

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Registries are done!

Well, it took a lot of moaning and whining, begging and pleading BUT I finally finished the baby shower registries. I am not going to lie, it was not something I was looking forward to. I know nothing about babies let alone what they need. Have you been to a baby store before? There are like 50 of everything. And chances are half of those items have horrible reviews or will be recalled in the near future becasue your baby may set itself on fire when using it. So yeah, there is stuff on the registry and I can only hope I will actually need the stuff or, more importantly, baby will like the stuff. I am embracing the thought process that A. There is a store close by if we find ourselves needing something we don't have or if baby hates the bottles I picked (i mean every brand claims they are the best. How can every brand be the best? Is there no one winner in the baby product world?) B. Shower attendees will get me what they think I need so surely I will get whatever I forgot to register for C. There is always Grandma :) As long as we keep baby alive and healthy we win, right?


Our first registry is at Babies-R-Us.
link to Babies-R-Us registry
For those who like to buy from a store. It also gave me a basis of what I needed to register for.

The next registry is at Amazon.
Link to Amazon registry
I thought this would be helpful for those not able to come to the showers. I used the reviews to help pick the best products. My preferred high chair, bouncy/rocker/glider/swing chairs, walkers and play gyms, pack 'n play, bassinet, etc are on this registry. Plus, the prices are typically better. So if you see something on the Babies-R-Us registry, check Amazon to see if it's on there and if the price is better. Amazon also has a much better variety of products so I was able to register for more. I was even able to find some Auburn stuff on there!

The last, favorite, with the most essential items is Etsy.
Link to Etsy registry
This registry is all Auburn! Orange, blue, and navy is the theme of this registry. And it's a monogrammers heaven as most everything can be personalized with baby's name. For those not familiar with Etsy, it's all handmade stuff. So when you purchase something, make sure you do so with enough time for the item to be made and shipped. Also, almost all items can be customized by more than monogramming. You can request certain colors and designs for most items. I tried to put notes on everything but you can let your creativity run!

Of course gift cards are welcome from anywhere. Doug and I are very grateful for any help we get conquering this immense baby expense. We hope everyone can make it to one of the showers. We would love to see you and celebrate this little miracle with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment