new

Thursday, April 2, 2015

38 weeks!

We are two weeks away from the "estimated" due date. Time is really flying by now. We are running around doing all the last minute things to get ready. I still have to wash clothes and bottles, find a pediatrician, and make the final decision on a daycare. I know, last minute! My feet all the way up to my hips are swollen so it is making getting around a little difficult. I am trying to keep the feet up but some days it is easier said than done. Doug is being a good husband and running the house for me so I can rest as much as I can. 

So today's appointment went ok. Mason behaved better for the non-stress test. I helped things along with a candy bar. :) That always gets him squirming. They liked what they saw so I was not hooked up for near as long as I was last time. I did confirm those odd feelings in my belly are contractions. Mild, short, and scattered but they are there. The doctor said I am about 1 cm dilated and baby's head is in its ideal position (aka nice and low and on my bladder!). I swear I feel like I am going to pee my pants every time I stand up.

Last my time blood pressure was high but it was much better today. Unfortunately, I have been taking it at home and those haven't been the best. The doctor was happy with my reading so I wasn't going to say anything about the others but Doug told on me. I also have some protein in my pee. So the higher blood pressure, protein, and swelling equal preeclampsia talk.

What does that mean? Well, I may not make it 2 weeks if things don't get any better. Right now we are holding off one more week to see how things look then. Of course they want me to go full term but they are not going to risk mine or baby's health at this point. So, I am monitoring the blood pressure at home and keeping an eye out for other symptoms of preeclampsia. If my blood pressure stays in the 140's/90's and I start getting upper abdomen pains , headaches, nausea/vomiting, or vision changes I am to call them immediately.

So keep Mason and me in your thoughts for the next week. We gotta hold out until Grandma gets up here on the 13th!

Next week's appointment will have another non-stress test, internal exam, and some talk about

No comments:

Post a Comment