new

Friday, April 10, 2015

Crazy 12 hours"

It all began around 6 pm yesterday after the doctors appointment. When we got home and I saw I had two missed calls from the doctors office. I was worried my pee test did not come out well so I called them back right away. Of course, the office was closed so I got the after hours person. She said there were no notes on my records saying something was wrong or that anyone tried to contact me. I was adamant that someone tried to get in touch with me and I needed to know why. The lady put me on hold and finally came back with an answer. By this time Doug and I had worked ourselves up thinking it was bad news but all it was was the dumb new receptionist calling to schedule my delivery. I told her, as nicely as I could, that I was told we would have the appointment on Tuesday before that date was determined and next time she calls a patient she needs to leave a message if they do not answer. So much for the good blood pressure.

Then dinner happened. I made a huge mess on my white shirt and countertops. Then the lettuce to go with the chicken tacos was rotted. I had just bought it on Saturday so I was not thrilled about throwing the whole thing away. And the fiesta chicken filling for the tacos preferred to be outside the tortilla than in it. It was an all around taco failure!

One of the last few things left on the to do list was to put batteries in the baby stuff (seats, swings, remotes, etc). Batteries... Easy enough, right? Not in our house. Doug started upstairs in the master since it was late(around 9:30) and I was sooo ready for bed. He sat on the floor and began to inspect the bouncy seat and bassinet. Of course, both needed a screwdriver to open the battery compartment. So he goes downstairs and gets his all in one tool thingy. You know, the one tool that has the scissors, pliers, screwdriver, and knife... Yep, you guessed it. In a hurry he opens the knife part and slices his finger with it. And he got it good too! He bled and bled and bled. We got him bandaged up then I cleaned the bathroom as blood was everywhere. He went back to put the batteries in and noticed some blood on the bassinet. After further inspection we started finding it everywhere. It was on the bassinet, bouncy chair, carpet, walls, picture frames, mirror, decorative glass table, and the ceiling! Our only guess was that when he cut himself he slung his hand a few times and didn't have the cut covered up with his other hand. So we were up until about 11 scrubbing the bedroom down. 

Then the 12th hour came... I am walking out the door to go to work and look up at the ceiling. It's covered in ants! So I get the ladder and hand vac out and begin to suck up all the ants. They were coming out of the air vent so I grabbed the ant spray and sprayed down the vent. For the next half hour ants fell from the vent. It was raining ants! I was smashing them as soon as they hit the floor. After awhile I was clueless on what to do. I had to get to work but they still kept falling! So I went and woke up Doug. He sprayed some more and took over ant cleanup. He was still fighting with them later on that morning but they eventually stopped coming out of the vent. We are crossing our fingers we got them all and sprayed in the right spots to keep them from coming back. 

The craziness today did not stop there but work craziness does not make for an interesting blog. And it's way more common than raining ants. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment