new

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"Football Expert"

One of our radio stations here in Augusta is 104.3. I think it is WBBQ. They play a nice mix of music and I usually listen to it when I am tired of hearing the same top 20 songs over and over again. I usually listen to Kidd Kraddick or this new top 20 station, 102.3. 102.3 use to be all music, no commercials then they went to 90% music with a few commercials. Now they have a morning show out of Austin Texas and it sucks. So on my way to work I was flipping stations between Kidd Kraddick commercial breaks and for some reason I stopped on 104.3.
Well this girl was on their morning talk show talking about how she just discovered what it means when football announcers say teams are “on their own 20 yard line”!!!! Now you know that got my attention. How can someone say something that stupid on national radio.
THEN the other girl on the show was like, “I am so glad you know that. You are the only girl I know who is a football EXPERT and I love it when you explain that kind of stuff.”
At this point my jaw is on the floor and I am sitting on my hand to prevent myself from calling the radio station. She is seriously calling the other girl a football expert! I don't know what is worse, the stupidity of these two girls or the fact that they think they "know" all about football.
But THEN the “football expert” says “coming up I will tell you why sometimes teams go for it on 4th down and why sometimes they punt because I DIDN’T KNOW UNTIL RECENTLY”!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know all the plays in football, I don't know all the names of the many positions, heck I don't even know all the players names. BUT I have enough common sense to know why you would or wouldn't go for the 1st down when it is 4th down. Someone needs to take those girls to a football game. Geez!

1 comment: