new

Thursday, September 23, 2010

The past week and the weekend ahead

I have not had too much going on lately to blog about so I figured I would just catch you up on what has happened in my uneventful week.

Friday night we ate dinner at our favorite mexican restaurant, Monterrey. We literally eat there on a weekly basis but this time we invited Doug's parents, Ray, and our neighbors and their daughter. We had a great time. While we were eating we saw Jessica and Nick sitting behind us so we invited them over to our house for drinks after they were done. It has been awhile since we had people over to the house for drinks and it was nice to be able to do it again. I miss seeing everyone because our schedules are so crazy these days. So everyone came over after dinner and since it was finally cool enough outside we decided to mingle out in the front yard. We were able to sit outside for awhile but the rain put us under the carport for the rest of the evening.

Saturday was my football day. I enjoyed it very much. It was my first day when I had almost nothing planned and was able to watch every game I wanted. I got up early to shower so I would not miss GameDay at Auburn. Doug had to work but it was nice having just football and me for a little while. Georgia and Tennessee played really well but just not good enough. Bama was a blow out and Auburn... well we played like Auburn. All the way down to the last second. When we went into overtime all I could think about was, "Oh No! We never do good in overtime!"

Saturday night we went over to Wes & Sara's to watch the Auburn game. Poor Doug was so tired he fell asleep on their awesome, big, comfy, couch. I entertained Sara, Wes, and their dog, Baxter, with my cheering and yelling at the TV. I did tone it down a bit in order to not scare them or make them think I was crazy. Every time Auburn did something good Baxter thought it was me wanting to play with him. Now picture me jumping up and down, celebrating, and an 80 lb dog coming over and wanting to play. Ouch!

Like my facebook status said Sunday... Auburn football is either going to make me an alcoholic (because the only way I can make it though a game is by drinking) or it is going to give me a heart attack. Either way, I can't live without it!

Sunday we did nothing but sit on the couch and watch TV. It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! You need a day like that every now and then. This week has been slow. Sara's 10 month old son, Trenton, had surgery on his kidney on Tuesday and everything went well. She has left me at work to fend for myself AGAIN this week. I guess I will forgive her... this time. Just don't let it happen again. Ha!

Tomorrow night we are headed to Valley for a wedding and to help my Mom go through all my Grandmother's stuff. She is moving into a nursing home due to her health and she has to be out of her apartment by Sunday. Mom is very stressed about this and I hate not being able to be there to help her. She is so scared she is going to get rid of something she, my Grandmother, or one of her Brothers or Sisters may want. I keep telling her we will put it all in a storage building and go through it later when we have more time but she is dead set on getting it all done by Sunday. So please keep her and my Mom's family in your thoughts as they go through this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment