new

Monday, September 13, 2010

Football week 2

First off, I can not believe we are already into the third week of college football! I hurry up football Saturdays but when they get here I so wish they would stay longer.

Well I say War Eagle with a very monotone voice. I was very disappointed in their performance. I pretty much stopped watching after half time. It was pathetic. Good thing our defense hung in there and won the game for us. But even then it was too close for comfort. The thing I really don't get is that we jumped up to # 16! I really do not think that performance earned us any jump up the rankings, but I don't get a vote so thanks to all those who apparently didn't watch the game.

The Georgia vs South Carolina game went exactly as I had predicted it would. Ask the customer who argued with me that GA was going to win.I tried to tell him but those GA fans are quite stubborn. The game was great and SC played very well. I thought the score was going to be much closer but SC's defense did a great job of holding GA to field goals.

I watched Florida play on ESPN3.com and I was not impressed. I am not surprised they dropped in the rankings even though they won. They have a long way to go but I know they will get there.

Poor Tennessee. I watched bits and pieces of the first half and some of the second. They looked pretty good in the first half and hung right in there, but then halftime happened. I don't know what the coaches or captains said in the locker room, but it was the wrong speech. Man I felt the pain for all the TN fans out there. To be tied to a team in the top 10 and then get stomped 48-13, that just hurts.

And of course, Alabama. I had to drink to make it through this one. I was so nervous they were going to turn into the old Bama we all know and "love" and lose. So between the Jack and our 4 yr old neighbor, Jordan, I made it through the game. And they did not disappoint. They played like a #1 ranked team should play a #18 ranked out-of-conference team. I only yelled, in a non-positive manner, at the TV a few times thanks to the defense and Trent Richardson.

I am super excited that GameDay will be in Auburn Saturday for the Auburn vs Clemson game. I hope we show up and play like a #16 team is suppose to play. I may need to go buy another bottle of Jack, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment