new

Monday, September 6, 2010

Wisconis Days 7, 8, and 9

Friday morning we left for Chicago. The drive was not too bad and Garmin did not take us to the ghetto this time. Yay! We got to our hotel, which was about 25 miles outside of the city, and decided to take the train in. Now imagine three southerners standing outside a train station with no clue on what to do, where to park, who to pay, or where they wanted to go. That was us. Thanks to some nice city people we finally got our barrings and headed to Union Station. And to the drunk at 5:00 pm 20 something girls who could not handle their alcohol... I hope you missed your train home.
Well I usually plan our trips out so we know what we want to see and do and where to go to do those things. This time we didn't even have a map. Oops! When we got off the train we had no clue where to go. We where walking around the city wondering where everyone and everything was. It was creepy. We finally found a really loud bar with a decent food menu for dinner. Needless to say we were very skeptical about the city and going back the next day.
Saturday morning we got up early and decided to drive into the city. I did a bunch of research the night before on Doug's Droid so I knew where to eat and where to go. We parked by Millennium Park and then walked over to Navy Pier. I was amazed at all the athletic, runners out on the paths by the lake. The weather was beautiful so everyone was out taking advantage of it. We ate lunch at the park then headed over to the "mile" of shopping. I know it may be hard to believe but we did not buy a thing.
For dinner we went and ate at Lou Malnati's. Holy crap it was good. It was hands down the best pizza I have ever put in my mouth. The crust was perfect, the sauce was freshly made, and the cheese was extra cheesy. I could easily eat that for the rest of my life and die a happy Heather!
Sunday went very smoothly. We got up, checked out of the hotel, drove to the airport, and got on the plane. There were no delays or hiccups. It was odd. The flights were even exactly on time and they landed way early. The only bad thing was the flight to Cincinnati made me sick. I think the pilot's kid was flying the plane b/c when we descended we dropped. There was no slow descend. It was drop, level, drop, level, drop... just thinking about it makes me nauseous. But I made it.
Today we have been doing nothing but laundry. We grilled out with our neighbors for lunch and now I am catching up on all my computer duties (facebook, blog, pictures, etc). I will post the link to shutterfly as soon as I get the pictures uploaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment