new

Friday, February 4, 2011

Do you believe you can jinx something?

Do you believe you can jinx something? This could be an event or a person. Well when I think about it I do not rationally think I could effect something happening or someone else's life. However, when I am watching Auburn football I run out of the room when they are about to kick the winning field goal. I am not sure if it is a "I can't stand to watch" kind of a thing or if it is a "if I watch they won't make it" kind of a thing. As long as I can remember I have been this way when watching football games. Now I make Doug watch and tell me what happened. Even for the National Championship I was in the other room pacing back and forth.

But I think it goes deeper than "I can't stand to watch". When I started watching and cheering for the Braves in the play-offs, they lost. When I picked a Nascar driver and started pulling for him, he started loosing. There has never been a time where I felt that my attention had a positive effect. There have even been times when I chose not to watch a game because I would be scared they would lose because of me.

This weekend is the Super Bowl. Now I normally do not watch NFL football but with my Mother-in-law being a Packer fan and her entire family being from Wisconsin, I have been watching a few games here and there. We had tickets to the first Packer game in ATL but we sold the tickets. I did not watch the game and they lost. Then when they played the second time in the playoffs I watched on TV and they beat the crap out of ATL.

I have not watched many of the games this season but with it being the Super Bowl I plan on watching the game. So will I jinx the Packers by watching and cheering for them? Is it all in my head or can my cheers for a team really effect their performance? I think I will decided at half time whether or not I should watch the rest or not. And I apologize now if the Packers lose because of me.

GO PACK GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment