new

Monday, February 28, 2011

Much better!

Last night went much better. Auburn played on the couch with us until she fell asleep. We tried to keep her up but after awhile she wanted nothing to do with us or any of her toys. This time we moved her crate into Doug's bedroom and put a blanket over the top. When we put her in there she whined but I could not hear her! Between the humidifier running in her room (on low), the bedroom door shut, our bedroom door shut, and our humidifier running, I did not here her at all. I slept very nicely. (Mostly because I was exhausted from the night before and I did not take a nap yesterday.) I hate leaving her in there all by herself but hopefully she will learn to love her crate. She did go into her crate, curl up, and lay down for a nap all by herself yesterday so I know it is working. It just still breaks my heart to hear her cry. Hopefully after a few more nights sleeping in the bedroom we will be able to move her crate back out into the kitchen.

This morning she wanted to play so she cried very loudly when we put her back in the crate while we got ready. We brought her back out after we showered but she was still mad that we were not able to give her our undivided attention. She is still not comfortable going to certain places in the house. She will stop at my bedroom door and not come in. She acts like there is a wall up and she can not physically get to me. It is so funny to see these "imaginary wall" spots. And she does not like my bathroom. She would sit in the doorway, on the carpet side, and watch me. Hopefully after this week she will learn our morning routine and feel more comfortable roaming around the house (under a watchful "potty" eye, of course!).

Still no accidents (crossing fingers) and she is learning where to go potty at. We have her following (as much as her attention will let her) us to the door when we go out and come back in. The back door ledge is quite a step for her little legs but she is learning to push herself up and over it. However, she hates the back door mat. She will not step one foot on it. She will go around to the end and extend herself over the mat. Yes. She is a mess!

I am a very proud Momma but I promise not all my blogs from now on will be about my puppy. But I can not promise there will not be tons of pictures!!! You know me!

No comments:

Post a Comment