new

Thursday, March 26, 2015

37 week appointment

Monday I had my 37 week appointment. I had to go to the office at the hospital since I was doing the non-stress test. And let me tell you, that test is very incorrectly named. They put me on the table and strapped a heart monitor to my belly. They wanted to monitor Mason's heartbeat for at least 20 minutes. What they don't tell you is you may be sitting there for closer to 45 minutes. AND that when he moves away from the monitor you won't hear his heartbeat anymore. So we sat there for 45 minutes thinking his heart kept stopping! Scared the hell out of us. Makes sense but you still wish the doctor was there to confirm that is what happened.

He is suppose to be active during the test. However, Mason has that sixth sense of knowing when you want him to do something. He senses it and stops doing everything. He will be moving and grooving until you want to video him moving or have someone feel/see him moving. We are hoping he moves around a little more next week. They got an ok reading this week and were satisfied but I know they are looking for more. Guess I will need to take a big cup of ice cream with me! Sacrifices!

One thing the doctor did not like was my high blood pressure. Not sure why it was up so much but it certainly concerned them. They said if it stays high they will consider inducing me a week early. If it goes back down, they will stick with the original due date. Since I have not started dilating they even mentioned letting me go a week late. So pretty much, Mason's arrival is very much up in the air.






No comments:

Post a Comment