new

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Baby Shower at work

On Friday I had my "surprise" shower at work. They try to make special events like showers a surprise but since we do something for everybody for everything I knew they would have a baby shower for me. I suggested a good date to have the shower some months back and found out it was already set. So I knew there was going to be one I just didn't know when. Well, last week I called a daycare to schedule a tour for Friday sometime after noon. My coworker, Diana, (who was mid conversation with our supervisor) turned to me and started waving her hands and mouthing "No!" I turned to her, confused because there were no meetings or tasks on our calendar for that day and that time. I told the daycare worker to hold on a second and asked Diana what was up. Still trying to keep the secret she with a smile that day and time was not good for me to be out of the office. After some debate on the time, I told the daycare worker my coworker told me I could come anytime after 4 that Friday afternoon. :) I was a little thankful I finally knew when it was going to be. I have just about ran out of "nice" clothes that I can still fit into. I really would have hate to have shown up in one of Doug's t'shirts and jeans. Thanks to a little phone call I now had the heads up to dress a little nicer.

I know I have said how much I love my job but it is mostly thanks to the great group of people I work with. I have been very fortunate at my last job in Georgia and this one to have met some really amazing people. Everyone at work has been so excited for me. They have really enjoyed watching my belly grow these last 8 months.

One of my coworkers has party planning in her bones. She organizes everything we do. Between her and Diana, I knew the shower was going to be very special. I had cute banners, a very yummy cake and snacks, and even little candy goody bag favors with a baby boy theme. It was too sweet! I got a wide variety of gifts for Mason. From a hand made blanket to books and clothes, they covered it all. I am so thankful for the party and all the gifts. I truly felt "showered" with well wishes for Mason and I. Ha! Thank you to everyone who was able to take time out of their work day to attend. Doug, Mason, and I appreciate every gift and all the well wishes.


No comments:

Post a Comment