new

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Fire alarm

I got home this evening and started my normal routine of getting dinner ready for everyone. Doug and I decided on hotdogs so, since Mason doesn't eat hotdogs, I made him something really quick. I fed Mason while our hotdogs cooked then cleaned him up and put him in the living room to play. As soon as Doug and I sat down to eat our dinner, the fire alarm started wailing. We already know Auburn hates the alarm so I went to console her while Doug checked on the alarm. Well, after a few moments Mason decided he too did not like the alarms and started screaming. I went and scooped him up and headed towards the door. Doug came in and confirmed there was no fire but that a kid pulled the alarm.

We put Auburn's leash and headed outside to get some relief from the loud alarm. We were greeted by half the building. Kids, adults, and pets were all hanging out in the parking lot doing exactly what we were going out there to do. Auburn was super excited to see everyone and Mason was mesmerized by the dogs. I was looking down at myself hoping I had on something appropriate. I ran out of the house, escaping the screetching alarm, without thinking about what I had on or seeing other humans.

The mom of the little boy who pulled the alarm made him go around and apologize to everyone. It was so sweet! I think he learned his lesson. Thankfully the office manager lives in our building and was able to call the fire department to get the alarm code. We went back in the cool house to finally eat our dinner. About halfway through we heard the fire truck pull up. If I had been thinking I would have waited outside so Mason could have seen the truck. I guess I could let him pull the alarm again so it would come back... :)

Mason pointing out all the dogs outside




No comments:

Post a Comment