new

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Sippin milk in his chair

Every night before bed I ask Mason, "Do you want your milk?" When he is tired and ready to go to bed, he wants his milk. It's my little bedtime indicator. So if he wants it he will look at me, smile and giggle, then run into the kitchen with me to get his cup. I love how excited he gets over something as simple as a cup of milk.

Once I hand it to him I will tell him to go into the living room and drink his milk. Well, he has developed a preference for exactly how he does this. If I do not already have it set out, he will go over to where we keep his chair and reach for it while making his "I want that" noise. I will set it up against the front of the couch, facing the tv. I always pat the seat to create a spot for his behind, which he now does each time before he sits down. He will kick back and drink his bottle, straight chilling. When he is done I will ask him, "Are you ready to go to bed?" He will get up and toddle into the bedroom to start the bedtime routine. (I am so thankful to have a good sleeper and not one who fights it or screams when you say bed or nap.)

Of course, bath nights are a little different. Sometimes we do milk before bath and others we do after bath. But no matter what, he has to sit in his chair.



No comments:

Post a Comment