new

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Car-soap opera

Last Christmas Doug bought Mason a 4 pack of Hot Wheels cars from his work. We kept them in the package until he got a little older and opened them one day randomly. It was right around the same time we were taking the paci completely away from him. One night I decided to offer him one of the cars to sleep with instead of his paci. He chose the gray one out of the 4 different colors (he is SO is father's son!) Thankfully, it worked! He never really asked for a paci again.

From that point on, he took "Car" everywhere. And I mean EVERYWHERE! Bath, grocery store, eating, and even potty! I found that very strange as he had never "attached" to any item especially not 1 specific item. But holding a car versus sucking on a paci, I didn't argue with his choice."Car" was his buddy and I was completely ok with that!

He would take it to daycare but often get distracted by the other toys, kids, and activities so he rarely hung on to it the entire day. The teachers did a good job keeping up with it but one day I got to school and "Car" was MIA. We looked everywhere but could not find it. So I called Doug and screamed 911! Mason was asking for "Car" and I didn't have it! So Daddy to the rescue, he brought home another, very similar car. Mason was happy once again. And I put his name all over this one just in case :)

Some time later I bought Mason a Star Wars Hot Wheels car.

Image result for stormtrooper hot wheels car

"Car" and Star Wars combined into 1... Mason was in love! He quickly swapped the gray "Car" for "Sta-Was Car".

About 2-3 weeks ago Mason started asking for the gray car again and choosing it over the Star Wars one. Then shortly after that he started calling the gray car "Blue Car". It had a blue stripe on it so I figured that is where the name came from; however, it also had a red stripe...

Well about a week ago a blue car randomly showed up in Mason's cubby. The teachers said they found it one day and just assumed it was Mason's since he was the only one who brought a car everyday to school. I left it there just in case it was another kid's. I knew the horror of loosing a favorite car so I didn't want another parent/child to go through that too. When no one claimed it I figured that must have been where the "Blue Car" name came from.

Well, oddly enough, "Blue Car" went missing last week right after the blue car showed up in his cubby. I had the daycare teachers looking all over but we could not find it. Thanks to the unclaimed blue car, Mason was able to take a car home with him. He held on to the blue car all evening and chose to take it to school the next day over "Sta-Was Car".

Just as a precaution, Doug purchased another gray car at work and brought it home; however, "Blue Car" was found and Mason brought home both blue cars from daycare. Now he has 4 cars... And which one he prefers changes so you must have all 4 at ALL times or a meltdown will occur...

Yes, this was a whole blog about Hot Wheels cars... They are life or death for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment