new

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Shiny Hiney

We have been working on getting Mason potty trained for the last several months. He likes to sit and read but more often than not he just sits and reads without making a "deposit". We still have him in diapers because he is a "heavy pee-er" and can go through an overnight diaper within a couple of hours...

Lately he has really gotten into the potty thing and has been asking to go. Every day when he wakes up, throughout the day, and at night he says, "Potty, Mommy!" He is making a "deposit" at least once a day now. We sing, "Put the pee-pee in the potty and get a Choo-Choo sticker" because putting pee-pee in the potty gets him a Thomas the Train sticker. I am waiting until we move to really crack down on the training. I want him out of diapers but moving is sorta consuming our lives right now.

Now to the reason I am writing this blog...

I woke up this morning, rolled over, and looked at the baby monitor to check on Mason. All I saw was a shiny hiney sticking straight up in the air. At some point Mason had taken his diaper off and was laying in his crib HOLDING it! I ran into his room and asked him what he was doing. He popped up and said, "Potty, Mommy!" I guess he had to go! But looking at his wet sheets, I think I was a bit too late...

Needless to say Mason got a very long wipe down after his potty break and the sheets are in the wash... YUCK!!!

This kid... I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment