new

Monday, June 28, 2010

Pool Party!!

So my birthday kinda kicked off a bit early this year. A week ago, when we were in Valley, my Grandmother gave me my birthday card and present. Saturday, when Doug got home from work, I got my second present. Then Sunday was my birthday pool party. I've still got a couple of days left until my actual birthday!

Doug did really good with my first present. He really wanted to get me the nice big Nikon that I have been wanting but I would not let him. It was too much for just my birthday. I had been toying around the idea of getting the Coolpix to replace my small Kodak. I went to Best Buy one day with him and looked at all the different models. I am not a tech hog, wanting the latest and greatest, and I will not spend a lot of money on whatever is the newest. I like what I like and is easy to use. There was one or two I liked but it was the first time I had looked so I figured I would do some research and come back.Well, Saturday Doug hands me his lunch box when he got home from work and asked me to clean it out. I open it and there was my Coolpix. I did a couple of double takes from him to the camera and back. But I was all smiles! He gave it to me early so I could use it at the pool party. So good! So thoughtful. So wonderful. He says I have more to open on my birthday!

My party was soo much fun. I had a great time relaxing, getting some sun, and stuffing my face. It was great getting to hang out with everyone and just enjoy the day. Thanks to everyone who came and helped. Big thanks to Lisa and Rick for letting everyone come over and swim. And thanks to my husband for giving in to my 5 yr old self and letting me have a pool party!

Here are just a few pics from Sunday. You can go to Facebook to see them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment