new

Friday, June 11, 2010

Oops! I did it again!

Wow. I did it again. I let time slip by without blogging. I hope there are people out there who actually care when and if I blog; so to those, here is what's been going on.

The new Twilight book came out and I read it in about 10 hours. It was smaller than what I had hoped for but it was good. I wish it had more information in this book but it mostly just reiterated what we already new from Eclipse.

And the MTV Movie Awards!!! OMG! The Twilight Eclipse trailer made my tummy do flips. I am so ready for the movie. Happy Happy Birthday to ME! Then they had to go and show a preview of the last Harry Potter movie. I could have died right there, happy as could be. Doug repeatedly called me a dork but I could see he was happy about the ecstatic smile on my face. It's the little things in life. I am currently reading Eclipse for the 3rd or 4 th time (I can't remember). And if loving Harry & Twilight make me a dork, then get the ink out and tattoo it on my forehead!
Did you catch all the F bombs they were dropping on the show?! I was shocked. They were saying them so many times that they could not keep up with them to bleep them out. Oops!

This week has been pretty slow. Wednesday, Doug and I went to a friends house to eat pizza, drink beer, and swim. It is the first time this year my little tooshie has been in a pool. It was very nice, until the thunderstorms came. It was ok, though. They have a decent sized outside sitting area that is covered. We just hid under there and continued our beer drinking. Ha! It was nice to sit and watch the rain. Good friends, good food, and relaxing. That makes for a great evening.

Thursday Doug and I went with Sara, Wes & Trenton to the GreenJackets game. Thanks, Sara, for the tickets. We had good seats, right behind home plate on the 3rd base line. BUT... cue the thunderstorms! We made it to the 2nd inning when the bottom fell out. Luckily the seats behind us were covered so we quickly relocated. I am glad I brought my umbrella for Sara and Trenton. The rain and Thirsty Thursday made for great entertainment. So many people were busting it going down the slippery, wet steps. That'll teach em'! Ha! We did not have to wait long for the game to get started again. I wish I would have gotten a picture of Doug's nachos. OMG! They were huge! He got BBQ Pork Nachos with sour cream. I had one bite and they were gooooood. We left at 10 pm and they were still in the 4th inning. They scored 6 runs with 2 outs! Way to go GreenJackets! Oh, and I hope the THREE batters who got hit (by the time we left in the 4th inning, might I add) by the pitchers are feeling ok today. The first guy got hit right in the head. Poor fellow probably has a nasty headache right about now.

And this is to Margaret... humidity+rain+my hair does not work! I was having major hair issues last night. Ha! I kept trying over and over to smooth it down. I even pulled out a mirror to try to help catch the fly-aways. I was fidgeting with my hair like I was 16 and on a first date. I would have made you so proud. Ha!

Tonight I am not doing anything! I am in much need of some couch time. I have so much DVR'd and some Facebook to catch up on. Ha!

On a positive note, I bought some hand weights and a work-out ball. I have been working out for half an hour everyday. Go me! I swear, the beach trip for the 4th of July has nothing to do with it. The purple polka dot bikini is no motivation at all for me. Ha!

Next weekend I am going home for Father's Day and for my cousin's, Autumn, 5th birthday. Then we have another Girls Night Out dinner. Then the next weekend is my Birthday pool party. Then the next weekend we will be at the beach! Please pray the oil will not over come Panama City! I have been dying to go to Florida and when I finally get to go the oil comes with me. The last time I made plans to go to the beach, Myrtle, a hurricane hit and we had to cancel. I am going to the beach, dang it! Oil or not. Maybe I will do some volunteering and help clean the animals off. Poor duckies!

On a side, side note... I am trying to talk Mom & Dad into buying a condo at the beach. So if you talk to them tell them it's a great idea and you would love to rent from them. Ha!

I will have pictures up soon from the GreenJackets game last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment