new

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

So It Was My Birthday...


So yesterday was my 27th Birthday...
...
and I did not feel like it was.

I guess I built it up in my head where the day was going to be this magical day. But it was not. It was just an ordinary normal day; I just kept getting told Happy Birthday and getting birthday cards. I am happy and I love that it was my birthday but I hate that it was not magical. Maybe the whole having to go to work thing got in the way. Or maybe it's because I stayed up all night Tuesday watching the South Carolina Gamecocks win the College World Series. USC... Gooo Cocks! So I was a little groggy all day.

Then I thought, "It will really feel like my Birthday once I get my cake." It did not.
Then I thought, "It will really feel like my Birthday once I get my presents." It did not.

So why? Why did yesterday feel like an ordinary day? I felt special and loved but there was no excitement in the air. Doug kept telling me over and over, "Happy Birthday" and referring to me as the "Birthday Girl" but I did not feel like the Birthday Girl. Maybe I am saving all my excitement for the beach. Maybe I am too old and the whole birthday thing is not what it use to be.

I got my birthday card from Pops, opened it up, and it had nothing in it. I do not expect anything and certainly do not need anything but it depressed me. Why? Because that means I am now in that age bracket. The one when even your Grandparents don't get you anything for your birthday. That age bracket means you are old! So thanks Pops for making me feel old on my birthday. Ha!

One thing I can say is the day went by fast. I woke up, went to work, ate dinner, and boom the day was over. The day should have been slower. You only get one birthday a year and it should last a heck of a lot longer than it did yesterday!
Doug's parents took me out to StoneCrest. It was freakin good! I am so excited to eat my leftovers for lunch today!


After dinner we went back to our house and opened presents.


Doug's parents got me gift cards and a hair straightener.



Doug got me a bottle of the perfume I wore on our wedding day.

Doug also got me the Doony & Burke purse I wanted.



All in all I had a good Birthday. It was full of friends, family, love, and happiness. Even though someone forgot to sprinkle the "magical day sparkly dust" on me, I did have a great day. Thank you to everyone for all the Birthday wishes and presents. Remember "Spoiled=Loved"!

Now I am off to the white sandy beaches of Florida. Talk to you when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment