new

Monday, August 23, 2010

The Elusive Black Lampshade

This weekend my parents came into town. We had no plans for the weekend so we ended up doing a whole bunch of nothing besides eating a whole lot of good food but it was nice because we were all togther. We got up early Saturday morning to figure out what we wanted to do that day. As we were eating our breakfast Mom states, "I need a bedside table to sit my glasses on at night when I am staying over here." So we decided we would go look for a bedside table. We started at a few furniture stores but everything we found we liked was not a bedside table. They had one we liked but it was more than we wanted to pay.

We ended up buying one at Target. It is black with a shelf and two drawers. Well, since we had a table we had to find stuff to put on it. We picked out a silver lamp and a silver picture frame to sit on the top. The lamp is one of those that does not come with a lampshade. That way you can pick whatever one you find that you like. The colors in the room are black and tan, the walls are off white, the furniture is black, and I have rod iron and some silver pieces in the room. So, of course, I would want a black lampshade to go up against an off-white wall...

but the universe of black lampshades has another idea in mind. We spent the rest of the weekend searching for a black lamp shade. I refused to go back to the mall to look at JC Penny's and I forgot about K-mart but other than that we went everywhere. It's a small black lampshade for crying out loud. So if you know where you can find a small black lampshade, please put me out of my crazy misery and point me in the right direction. You know only I can make something as simple as a lampshade complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment