new

Friday, August 27, 2010

Only me...

Have you ever done something or had something happen to you and you immediately thought, "Only Me." Well that happens to me a lot and today was a real big "Uh-Oh!"

I have been slowly packing over the past week and I have everything just about done. I was getting ready this morning and I was at the part of my routine where I took my morning medicines. I figured I would go ahead and put my pills aside for tomorrow. That way I could go ahead and pack my all my medicine. So I took out 2 blood pressure pills, 2 water pills, and 2 potassium pills and placed them on the counter. I packed the medicine, grabbed the two smaller pills, and took a swig of water. About the time the pills got to the back of my throat I realized I took two of the same pills. Of course, "Only Me." And you know it had to be the two that should not be taken at the same time. The water pills would have been ok, the potassium pills would not have fazed me, but the two blood pressure pills that I took could cause some problems.

I take my blood pressure pill twice a day, once in the morning after I get up and then again at night before I go to bed. So last night I took my pill at 10 pm. I took my two pills this morning at 7 am. Yep. That's 3 25 mg pills to lower your blood pressure in 9 hours. Uh-Oh!

Luckily my co-worker, Sara's, dad is a doctor so we called him to see what I should expect. He told me I should be in the clear but I may be sleepy or lightheaded. Worse case scenario is I pass out. Well so far I am lightheaded but I have not said hello to my granite counter top in my work station.

At least I did not do it tomorrow when I would be boarding a plane to Wisconsin. That could have made for an interesting flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment