new

Monday, August 16, 2010

Well worth it...

About three weeks ago I went to Micheal's to have one of my wedding pictures framed. I had been putting it off and Doug was getting tired of not having any pictures from our wedding on the walls. I bought an 8x12 and they do not make frames for that size... anywhere! So as soon as I saw Micheal's framing go on sell for 60% off I headed over. I picked out what I like and waited patiently as the lady totaled me up. I knew we were custom framing and that is was going to be more expensive than the ones in the store, but I had no clue. When she gave the price, I about fell out! Custom framing is stinking expensive. Holy Crap expensive. I called Doug and asked him what to do and he gave me the go ahead to spend the extra on the nicer frame.

Well last Friday they called me to come and pick it up. Now, Friday was one of those days. You know. The ones that make you want to run out of your work screaming and never go back. So I was praying the picture was perfect because I really didn't want to take my anger and frustration out on the poor framing lady. As she unwrapped the picture, I literally held my breath.

I am not an emotional person and it takes a lot to get me going so I do not know if it was from the day I had or just the picture itself, but it brought me to tears. It was more than I had expected and it was exactly what I had wanted. It was WELL worth the extra money. Words can not describe how I felt when I saw our picture and I was literally swept away by it. I went out to the car and called Doug just a sobbing. Once he saw it, though, he agreed with me.

The lady at Micheal's said it was me & Doug that made the picture look so good but I disagree. It was mostly our amazing photographer, Jamie Burnett, and the rest was her amazing job of framing. So "Thank You" Jamie, Framing lady, and most of all my husband for letting me spend the money and agreeing to marry my crazy ass! I will treasure this for the rest of my life!


1 comment:

  1. Awweeee.... Thank you Heather! You are so sweet! It was an honor shooting your wedding, so glad you will have an image in your home to hand down to your grandchildren! XOXO - Jamie

    ReplyDelete