new

Friday, March 5, 2010

6 month Anniversary

So today is mine and Doug's 6 month anniversary (since marriage). I can not believe how fast time flies. And I can honestly say I love him more than ever before.

When we met in December 2001 I knew I was going to marry him. I remember it like it was yesterday. And from that moment on I knew he was going to be in my life. Even when I was mad at him I would think about him all day. A couple of years later he finally realized he was not going to find anything better than me (Ha!). No. In all reality I think he knew the same thing after we first met. He just wasn't ready yet. And I am so happy I waited for him because he was worth the wait! When we finally got married I was like, "It's about time!" Ha! However, I am glad we waited and I am glad we took the road we took (becoming best friends, then dating, then moving in together, and then getting married). He is so good to me and I sometimes I think I do not deserve him.

Just to list a few; Doug does laundry, vacuums, does dishes, makes the bed, and straightens up the house. He is so great! A little OCD every now and then, but I will take it. If I do not feel good he will do whatever he can to make me feel better and let me relax. Even though he does not understand all my medical conditions and why I have to take so many pills, he still is always concerned about my health and he does what he can to keep me healthy as possible. He always asks me "What do you want to do?" Or "What would you like for dinner?" He even plays X-Box all night so I can watch whatever I want and have the couch all to myself! :)

I hope that I do and will do everything I can to make him happy and make him love me more. I could not imagine him not being in my life. I even made him promise that he would die after I did. But he didn't like the idea of that to well. So we agreed to go at the same time. Good luck with that. Ha!

So tonight we are going out to dinner... with his parents. Ha! But we have the rest of our lives to spend together. Just the TWO of us! (No Children for all you wishful thinkers)

1 comment: