new

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Doug's 28th Birthday

Doug's 28th Birthday was yesterday. For his birthday he decided he wanted to go shopping in Atlanta so we packed up early yesterday morning to hit the road. Our first stop was at his parents house. I had went in with them for his present this year and they were hiding it at their house for me.

Doug is a clean FREAK! I never have to do much house work because Doug has already done it for me. It is so nice. He has been wanting a Dyson for a long time now and I thought it would make a great Birthday present. (Now you see why I had to go in on it with my parents & his parents. Ha!) He was so mad Sunday when his Mom came home with her Dyson. He had no idea that she had bought his at the same time and it was hiding in a closet just a few feet away. He kept asking me what I got him and I did a great job of lying. I told him he hasn't asked for it in a long time and he has probably forgot he even wanted it. Ha! On the way to his parents I asked him if he had any guesses. He said he was clueless. He knew it wasn't a Dyson b/c I kept telling him we were not getting one anytime soon. He knew it was not a PlayStation 3 b/c there were none in Augusta. Ha! And he had no clue on what else he could have wanted.

So here is the picture of Doug when he opened his present and saw what it was.


He is so happy!

And here he is playing with his new toy. Ha!

For lunch he chose to go to Olive Garden. It was so good. For dessert/his birthday cake we ordered White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake.



850 wonderful, delicious calories
I was sad he did not have a cake with a candle to blow out. I sent cupcakes and donuts with him to work the day before. But they just ate them. No "Happy Birthday" song for him this year. Sad.

So HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my wonderful husband and best friend. I love you so much!


A couple of weeks ago my friend, Ray, let me play with his Nikon at a party we were at. Doug has been begging me to get one since we went on our honeymoon last year. Every tourist we saw had one and he had to have one too. Then at Christmas when Ray got his he was dead set on getting one soon. I wasn't on board b/c I have a camera that works just fine and I hate to spend money. Esp $650 on a camera! But then I used it at the party. It was so cool. Most of you know I am a picture taking freak and this camera would be perfect for me. It is so easy to use and would be so nice to have for special events (like this weekend for Pop's B'day!). So while Doug was doing his usual route inside Best Buy yesterday, I was over playing with the camera I hope to one day own. It is so much fun to use, really! Doug saw how much I loved it so he came over to me and told me to find a sales associate to wrap up our camera. Me being me, I did not let him. BUT... it is the #1 thing on my birthday list. I would prefer to have it before we go to the beach in July (right after my B'day) but will accept it at any time before then! Donations are accepted and can be mailed to my home address. Ha!

One of my purchases yesterday was the Blind Side. We watched it last night and it is so good. I love how they hated Tennessee. Ha! I wish we could trust people more and be able to do what she did for so many others out there. It is really sad how there are good people out there who need help but they don't get it because there are so many bad people who mess things up. People stop taking chances when they get burned. If only there was a way to look at somebody and tell if they were good or bad just by looking at them. If only we lived in a perfect world where you could trust everyone...

On a happier note, me and Mom are planning a shopping trip to the Mall of Georgia in April. I am so excited. I am in desperate need of some new work clothes. I don't think shirts with holes in them are appropriate business attire, do you? So I am making my list of what I need (because you need a list for everything!). I better start saving double what I already am. This is going to be one expensive trip. Ha!




No comments:

Post a Comment