new

Monday, March 15, 2010

A little of this, a little of that

Friday night was one of the best nights of my life. Doug was not feeling well so he decided to go to bed early. I try to talk him into going to bed early every night and I finally got to! So at 8:30 we were snug as a bug in bed watching TV. YAY!


Saturday I got to sleep in late because I have worked the past 2 Saturdays and I have to work the next 4. So Doug gave me a break and didn't wake me up. We had a lot of errands to run so he got up and started on them early. I joined him around lunch time. Hehe! Our errands were centered around Birthdays & a wedding. We bought 10 cards! I swear we were in Hallmark for an hour. We bought 5 gift cards and 1 gift. Man March is going to kill me.


Happy Birthday Rick Voss, Sara Ellis, Doug Sr, Lilly Grace Kirkland, Doug III, Ashley Slaughter, Mrs. Hall, and Pop's.


Saturday night was Rick Voss's 50th Birthday party. The night started off great with Ray having a flat tire. So we went to rescue him and bring him to the party. If you know Doug and I you know we are always on time. So when we were not at the party on time our friends started to get a little worried. It didn't help there was a wreck at the end of the street involving a Honda. But we were okay and we got there eventually. It was great getting to spend some time with all our friends. I wish our lives were not so busy and pulled in all sorts of directions so we can do it more. And "Thank You!" to Ray for letting me play with his camera. I know everyone at the party enjoyed having their picture taken multiple times through out the evening. Ha! Look for the pictures on Facebook.


Sunday was "Catch up on TV shows" and "Movie" day. I watched the Time Traveler's Wife. It was really good and I didn't cry. Yay! That evening we watched HBO's new original series The Pacific. It was really good and I am excited for next weeks episode. I like when a movie or show makes history interesting. I think I learn more from shows like this than I did sitting in a classroom in high school.

In between my movie and Doug's HBO show, we had about a 20 minute break. I didn't want to start watching something and get into the show so I left the channel on ABC since that show was going off right when the HBO show was coming on. Oh what a big mistake. Of all shows it was Extreme Makeover: Home Addition. If you have not seen the show, don't watch it. They find the most heart wrenching family with the most heart wrenching story and all these people come together to do wonderful, nice things for them. If you do not at least tear up, there is something wrong with you.

So I am catching the middle to end of the show. It's at the part when the family comes back and they reveal their new home and all the extra stuff they have done for the family. Since I did not see the beginning I did not hear the heart wrenching story, so I was good. Yeah right! They bring this family to a huge auditorium filled with toys. The town had donated all these toys to the foundation the family had started in the name of their little boy who had a heart transplant. They raise money and give toys to kids who are waiting or are going through organ donation. Well, of course I start tearing up. Then they bring survivors up on stage to talk about their transplant and how much it meant to them. One man was choking back tears as he told the audience about being able to make it to his Granddaughter's wedding.

At that point I lost it. I barely got the words out to Doug to change the channel. I cried like I have not cried in a long time. Poor Doug was speechless. He kept asking me what was wrong and if I was ok and all I could do was choke out "Memaw". I told him that some people have happy endings and I was happy for them; but our ending was not happy and I did not want to watch the show anymore.

Even though our experience was not the best, I still believe 100% that everyone should be an organ donor. Yes it is extremely hard to loose a loved one and you want to hold on to every part of them. But their death could save a life. Thousands of people are waiting and their time gets shorter by the minute. Please tell your loved ones that you want to donate your organs when you die. Be a Super Hero and save a life.


This morning I had a doctors appointment. Most of you know I have High Blood Pressure and I have to go in every 6 months for a check-up. Well since my last visit my heart has been given me some problems so I used the opportunity to talk with my doctor about all my symptoms. For the most part I have been experiencing heart palpitations and periods of a racing, pounding heart. It happens at no particular time and last for no particular amount of time. So when the doctor did an EKG on me this morning, everything looked fine. Of course it would behave when in the presence of doctors. So I will be getting a heart monitor to wear for 24 hrs on Wednesday. Hopefully we will be able to record an "episode" and the doctor can find out what is causing these symptoms.

We also found out my blood pressure is back up. So I am getting a higher milligram of a medicine I already take in hopes of getting it back down. The medicine is also used for heart palpitation's. So I am hoping one pill will knock out both problems.

I go in a couple of weeks for blood test and back in three weeks for all my results.

No comments:

Post a Comment