new

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

First OFFICIAL Blog

So... Sara Ellis (co-worker) wanted me to start a blog. So in true Sara form instead of asking me and helping me to get started, she did it herself. So the "First Blog" was not the first blog. Sara wrote it. Shows you how much she knows about me. Ha! So here I am now, OFFICIALLY writing my first blog. I hope Sara approves.

I did not have a blog and did not want one because I felt I had nothing to blog about. And who would want to read it? I do not lead an exciting life full of drama and action. I have no crazy stories to tell you about. So my first blog is going to be a bunch of random stuff. And more than likely the rest of my blogs will be the same. My only hope is that my friends and family who I do not get to see or talk to very often will be able to read this and feel a little bit closer to me.

So my first blog comes to you from my couch as I watch American Idol with my new Auburn Snuggie! I love TV and I love my couch. I probably spend to much time there but I actually have nothing else better to do. Have I mentioned how much I love it being just me and Doug? Ha!
Now back story on the Snuggie. I have been wanting an Auburn one for awhile. Living in Georgia it is hard to find Auburn stuff and every time I found a place that sold it they would be sold out. So Sara was on Belk.com one day and saw them. She e-mailed the link to Doug and he ordered it before. It was suppose to be a surprise but Doug has a hard time keeping stuff from me.
So now I wear my crazy huge Snuggie. It is seriously huge! I could fit my body in one of the sleeves. But it is so soft and warm. I may wear it to work tomorrow.

For Christmas Doug's Mom & Dad got us a new grill. It is huge and super nice. Since we put it together (Thanks Doug Jr!) we have been grilling like crazy. Tonight we tried Steak Kabobs. They tasted great. However, we learned a few things. 1. Soak the skewers for at least 20 minutes. We lost a few, unfortunately. 2. Don't use pre-cut mushrooms. They are too thin and fall off the skewer. 3. Doug does not care for bell peppers so don't load the skewers down with them. Oops!

So Sara... how'd I do?

2 comments:

  1. I'm fascinated that you have an Auburn snuggie! LOL. Live the new bog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, see, you already have followers. DON'T hate on my blogging for you. I knew that you would not get off your couch long enough to create your own blog....

    I think my blog was A-MAZING!

    ReplyDelete