new

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Down for the count

Tuesday evening the runny nose started. Wednesday the runny nose turned into a flood and added sneezing. Thursday added a sinus headache, sore throat, congestion, and coughing. Oh what fun. As I am writing this I am breathing through one nostril and the other has a tissue shoved up it. Sexy, right!

I want to thank Sara and Camelia for all there hard work. I hate calling out sick because I know how horrible the day can be when it is just two people (Thanks Sara for being back from your maternity leave). All hell only breaks loose when you are short handed. So thank you for all your extra hard work today...

... while I laid in bed and watched The Real Housewives of New York City. I didn't sleep a wink last night and I did not fall asleep this morning until 6 am. So when I woke up at 11 from about 5 interrupted (I wasn't about to say anything Sara & Mom) one hour naps, all I could think about was more Advil. So I made some toast, took my regular morning pills, downed as many Advil as I could, and checked my work e-mail. Then I settled into bed for another long nap. Nope. Didn't happen. Instead I watched (going on) 9 hours of Housewives. Yes, I am still watching it. I am hooked for the day. They are doing a mini marathon and I just can't believe these women. One minute they are bitch fighting, the next they are besties talking bad about someone else. Drama, Drama, Drama. But nice shoes! :)

So yesterday I went and picked up my heart monitor. Of course, perfect timing, so "my life", it's when I am sick in bed all day. So much for recording my heart during a normal day. The nurse didn't think it should make a big difference but that I should talk with my doctor after the results come back to see if I need to do it again. But the kicker was she advised not to take any medicine for my cold symptoms. Especially anything with an anti-histamine. Great. Sick and no medicine until after 4 pm the next day. And of course I didn't have any "problems". I hope there was nothing but I hope there was something. I hate to think it is all in my head. And at the same time I want everything to be ok.

The heart monitor was interesting. There were 3 cords. One was attached on my chest, one on my left side, and the third on my right side. I kept the little recorder thing stuck in my pants where the elastic was. I have no pj pants with pockets so it fit snugly in my waistband. I kept rolling over on it and jabbing myself in the gut with it. And I wonder why I could not sleep. Ha! When I went to turn it back in I almost did not want to give it back. These monitor thingies were stuck on me like glue. As much as I tossed and turned and pulled on them through-out the day they never budged. So when I went to pull it off it was like waxing a really hairy body part. But instead of pulling out hair, they pulled off skin. Wow-wee. I have red squares with a circle in the middle on three parts of my torso. I look like aliens have been experimenting on me.

I hope I feel better tomorrow because we have a crazy weekend ahead of us. I work Saturday morning, then I am getting my hair cut. I am so excited. I have not had my hair cut since before the wedding. Oh my geez it needs to be cut so bad. So I am super stoked to be going to this new lady. I hope she is prepared to tame my craziness! Saturday night two of our friends are getting married. They have been together longer than Doug and I have. I am so happy for them and I can not wait to see them as Mr. & Mrs. Sunday we are running errands and going to the movies. Oh March, you are a fun one.

No comments:

Post a Comment