new

Monday, March 8, 2010

And the winner is....

I love award shows. However, I don't really watch the show. I could care less about 2/3rds of the categories and the ones I do care about do not come on until way after my bed time. My favorite part of the show is the Red Carpet! Doug likes the awards, I like the Red Carpet. So even though he huffs and puffs through the two hours, he lets me ohh and ahh over the gowns.

So today, after the 2010 Oscars, I give you my opinion of the best and worst of the evening.
(In no particular order.)




Elizabeth Banks wore a beautiful gown by Versace. I love the color and the layers at the bottom. She tied with Rachel McAdam's for my favorite gown of the evening.


Sandra Bullock wore a gown by Marchesa. The color looked stunning on her (esp on stage when she took her award for Best Actress. Go Blind Side!). I love the detail in the top but I wish she wore her hair up so it would not cover it up.


Miley Syrus wore a gown by Jenny Packham. I love the bottom of the dress but the top just does not match. It's like she did not have time to finish the dress so she took Miley's undergarment and sewed it to the bottom.

Giulana Depandi got it right with this Tom Ford (I think!) gown. There was a trend on the Red Carpet of having extra fabric on the side of the dress and Giulana did it right. Not too much and not too little...


...Unlike Jennifer Lopez's Armani Prive gown. The dress looked like she had a conjoined twin attached to her side. And the material looks like it was made for a fire retardant blanket.



Vera Farmiga also had on a Marchesa gown. The color was perfect but all the folds and fans of fabric just ruined it for me.

Demi Moore looked stunning in this Atelier Versace gown. The color was perfect, the criss cross fabric on the top was laid perfectly, and the layered, flowing fabric at the bottom completed the look.

Maggie Gyllenhaal picked an inappropriate Hawaiian inspired gown by Dries Van Noten. It's the Oscars for crying out load. Not a luau!


Rachel McAdams never disappoints and this gown by Elie Saab was one of my favorites. There is absolutely nothing bad I can say about this dress.



My most shocking (in a good way) award goes to Kristen Stewart in Monique Lhuillier. She has never looked more stunning than she did last night. She is a beautiful girl but hides behind her costumes of crazy hair and punk clothing. Monique is my all time favorite gown designer and I truly believe she brought out the best in Kristen.

And now for the worst dresses of the evening...
Charlize Theron wore this thing by Christian Dior. The bottom without the tail/train of fabric attached to her backside was not half bad. But the bottom is boring. So to kick it up a notch they put bulls eye on her breast. They technically call them rosettes but in this case they are just tacky.

Other honorable mentions go to...
Best - Helen Mirren in Badgley Mischka; Cameron Diaz in Armani Prive; Jessica Parker in Chanel Couture; Anna Kendrick in Elie Saab; Mo'Nique in Tadashi Shoji;
Worst - Amanda Seyfried in Armani Prive (same as J-lo); Nicole Richie in Reem Acra (too old for her); Mariah Carey in Valentino (way too small); Faith Hill (too much and not her); Tina Fey in Michael Kors (looked like leopard print and that is not for the Oscars!);

No comments:

Post a Comment